Are you a graduate student at Ohio State and looking for a community of supportive and non-judgemental peers? The Ohio State University Graduate Student Network provides a weekly confidential social space for graduate students to receive and provide support to peers at Ohio State. The purpose of meetings is to help students manage the challenges that can arise during graduate school and celebrate accomplishments. Meetings occur every Friday and discussions address topics such as:
- Meeting your advisor's expectations
- Abusive advisors/toxic work environment
- Work/life balance
- Managing the impact of mental illness on academic performance
- Stress/anxiety management and healthy coping strategies
- Interpersonal relationships
- Teaching/research balance
- Job searches (creating application materials, interviewing, negotiation, etc.)
- Access to resources
Meetings take place via Zoom every Friday 5:00-6:00pm. You may log in and leave at any point during the session.
The best way to stay up to date is to sign up for our mailing list. Weekly meeting reminders contain the Zoom link.
Please note that all meetings are peer-led, and no medical advice will be given. All information is shared as personal experience, not a recommendation for treatment. If the facilitator feels that a person is in need of professional help, the participant will be provided with information about available resources from licensed providers.
Please direct all inquiries to Dr. Leo Taylor (firstname.lastname@example.org).